Building a Safer Future - Align Building Control Limited
06 June 2019 Industry News
The consultation paper on the Government’s proposals to implement the Building a Safer Future recommendations and undertake fundamental reform of building safety requirements has been published this morning.
You can view the full consultation paper here.
Having elected to take forward all the recommendations from Dame Judith Hackitt’s Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety, MHCLG has now begun consulting on the nature of the reforms rising from these recommendations.
The following proposals are being consulted:
- the scope of the new regime
- the concept of dutyholders who have clear responsibilities throughout a building’s design, construction and occupation
- giving residents a stronger voice in the system and ensuring their concerns are never ignored
- plans for a new building safety regulator to provide oversight of the new building safety regulatory regime
- strengthened enforcement and sanctions to deter non-compliance with the new regime.
Furthermore, the Home Office has issued a call for evidence on the Fire Safety Order 2005, seeking views from the fire safety sector on the current effectiveness and application of this Act.